Saturday, December 19, 2015

A Bengbu woman returns to her roots

What do you think is going through the mind of a woman who has not been to her home country in nearly 19 years?


These days, there are many online forums for adoptees to voice their thoughts and feelings, and there are many agencies that offer heritage tours.


What do you think I can offer her?  The things I have seen in my 18 years of travel to China?  I can tell her of the changes to her hometown, from an American perspective, of the incredible transformation of China that is only now starting to slow down in its growth and expansion.

In my time, I have seen the explosion of the internet, highways, modern buildings, skyscrapers, and high speed trains.


The Bengbu skyline has changed dramatically.


We will take her to her finding location.  I will introduce her to the woman that gave her her Chinese name.


I can't wait to show her everything old and new about Bengbu, and watch her and observe.  I told her already, that I will be needing tissues, I'm sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment